Mad Geek

Monday, September 13, 2004

Not a bad weekend . . .

Well, even though I was pretty tired all weekend, I think we had alot of fun!

We went to Media Play Friday afternoon and picked up a movie that Tine had on hold. It was "Tuesdays With Morrie" with Hank Azaria and Jack Lemon (tear jerker). While there, though, my wonderful wife found the entire first season of Samurai Jack on sale and bought it for me! I consider this a major step in our relationship, as she is now able to accept my cartoon addictions.


It's even gotten to the point where she watches Megas XLR (pop culture geek cartoon) with me!

Friday night we double dated with some friends, Robert and Debbi Parker. They've always been like a family to me, and it was realy nice to be able to go out with them. Robert and I were as polite as we could be and refrained from the xBox all evening and instead retired to the office to talk about his new router and try to configure Windows XP SP2 (not quite as seemless in its integration as one would hope).

Saturday we slept, and shopped, and slept. We went out again, this time just the two of us, to a nearby diner "The Midvale Mining Company". It was REALLY good, and REALLY cheap! Tine's meal was about $4.50 and mine came to only $5.00. When you consider the fact that the plates were twice the size of my head and stacked with food, it was really impressive!

Sunday was a nice and quiet day. We had church, and napped, and watched some TV, and napped. As we were going to bed a huge electrical storm rolled in. There was lightning and thunder everywhere, but the rain didn't come for another hour or so. It was sort of nice to stand out on the front "porch" and watch the rain coming down in buckets with the lightning and thunder.

I came in to kiss Tine good night, where she suddenly got scared and started smacking my head. Evidently, while I was outside, an Earwig decided to hitch a ride on me. In her assault, however, she did more damage to me than she did the bug, and knocked the thing somewhere in the room. We tore that room apart (we hate Earwigs) but never found it.

Well, a nice, restfull weekend is over and I am at work now. I have a test today in Math, and am not really looking forward to it. Wish me luck!


:: posted by Zuke, 12:24 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment