Mad Geek

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Return of "The Blueberry Birds"

I think the title say enough there, don't you?

Well, my first test came and went without much ado. It took about 7 minutes to do. I was so worried that I had screwed up (as no one had yet finished) that I reworked all the questions three more times. After deciding they weren't going to get any more correct (or incorrect), I simply turned it in and left.

My "art" class has been fun. For my Fine Art credit, I'm taking basic metal sculpting. It's been alot of fun, as I love to work with my hands. Everytime I walk into the shop, I'm greeted with the smell of burnt metal and flux. It smells alot like the smoke that most firecrackers put off (makes sense since most of them use a type of metal to achive the different colors and effects), and always makes me happy . . . it's a guy thing I guess.

History has been murder on me. The instructor is really good and explains things very well, but he does so for an hour and a half straight. The class starts at 8:30 PM to make matters worse. I WOULD say my engineering classes are about the same, but I've been ditching those! Before you think I'm simply sluffing; they are self taught courses that simply teach me to use specific programs, then turn a text document with what I have learned from it. I saved all my lessons to disk and simply do them at work when it gets slow.

I recently won an auction on eBay which will become the first piece of hardware in the computer I'm building for myself; a 1995 Honda Civic heater core. Confused? The heater core will be put into my water-cooling set up that will cool all the hot componants in the system. Normally, you'd need a special radiator to do this, but those can cost $100+ and this cost me $0.99 instead. Robert says I'm insane for even thinking of putting a type of fluid inside my computer, but he said the same thing when I had to start the computer he was building with a screwdriver (it's safe . . . really!).

He, Andrew, and I are heading down to CES in January and I'm really excited for it! CES (Consumer Electronics Show) is a sort of 'geek Mecca' that is held in Las Vegas every year. Tine has given me the 'OK' to go and drool over all the new gadgets that are being developed and possibly released over the next year and I'm already giddy with excitement.

Talk to you all later!
:: posted by Zuke, 12:13 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment