Mad Geek

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Wow, my first blog.

Well, here I am. Everyone keeps telling me I should keep a journal, and while I realize this isn't the same, perhaps it will help get me started!

I live in Salt Lake City, Utah. I'm 23, happily married, and of unknown ethnicity. Actually, I know what I am, as do many of my friends, but most people who see me just assume I'm some variant of Hispanic.

I recently re-started my college education, and am taking 5 classes this semester. It's been a tad stressing getting back into the habit of waking up for work at 5:30AM and getting home from school about 10PM, but I think I'm doing ok. If anything, I hope the physical and mental stress that long hours and homework exert will help me shed some excess weight. That way I can replace the idea of dieting with schoolwork, and people will stop telling me to go work out.

As the title of my blog suggests I am a geek. While this is becoming more and more of an acceptable term, some people still consider it funny that I should willingly call myself this. Thing is, being a geek is far more preferrable to being a nerd. Nerds have no social skills; geeks are just really "into" specific things. Some people call themselves "gear-heads" because they are really into engines or motorcycles. I just call them "car-geeks" (this seems to bother a friend of mine who is a mechanic). I don't really consider myself a full-out, hard core, "balls to the wall" geek when compared to those I know out there. I guess I'm more of a "jack-of-all-obsessions" geek instead.

To be perfectly honest, I don't really know what to put in here. So I will sign off until I can think of something more to contribute.

Laters!
:: posted by Zuke, 9:47 AM

2 Comments:

From one geek to another, welcome to the blogging world!
Blogger Safire, at 11:17 AM  
Thanks 'horse-geek'! :-P
Blogger Zuke, at 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment