Mad Geek

Monday, October 25, 2004

rrrrrr . . . braaiiinnss . . . ghhhhh

So, yea, I'm rather zombie-ish today. It's raining . . . again. We had some nice blue sky Sunday,but no sun. I think the weather was just saving up some energy, as this morning it was raining heavier than ever. Add this dreary cloud cover to my average 5 hours of sleep, and I'm barely making it through the day.

This weekend was one of those where it seems like you got a lot done, but realize that you didn't, but maybe you did. Most of everything we did was while sitting around, so we were being productive in the least productive manner. I guess the best way to put it would be to say "We did a lot, but not much of it was important".

About a week ago, I traded some anime with friends in our ward. I lent them my Cowboy Bebop movie and the first season of Samurai Jack, along with some lesser stuff. In return, they lent me Gundam: Endless Waltz, which I had been meaning to see, and Read or Die. That second one has become one of new favorites; it has good characters, good animation, and a load of style. I watched through the entire series and finished in time to catch an episode of Cowboy Bebop on Cartoon Network. Unfortunately, CN was playing something else instead: all episodes of Read or Die, which I had just finished!

Sunday I sang in church. Our choir is pretty sad; not only are there only three men in it, but none of us can sing. Our conductor, our friend Anna, keeps telling us we need to sing out, but we don't sing . . . we rumble. And we can only rumble so loud.

We went to Tine's parent's place afterwards and had dinner with her mom and brother and his wife. Tine's mom, Janet, came up Saturday and will be staying a week, so that will be fun. Tine and I watched Napolean Dynamite on Friday night. It was so funny that Tine is taking her mom to see it Wednesday. Seeing as she's from that area of Idaho, I think she may think it even funnier than we did. All I can say now is "Vote 4 Pedro". We also helped Janet move a bunch of stuff in the basement into other rooms so the carpets can be cleaned Tuesday.

Coming home last night, I finally figured out what was wrong with this stupid Dell computer I've been working on for a customer of mine. The thing has just not cooperated with me from the get-go. I decided to try a new powersupply and it worked fine, which is odd, because the old power supply is still working too, just not in that system!

I also got my computer back in my home. It's been hangin out at the in-law's place since theirs was outdated about 10 years ago. It's nice to have a bit of technology back in my work area, but it feels funny at the same time. When I lived on my own, I had the computer on at all times. It never was off, and I was very used to the white-noise the fans create. NOW, though, the thing sounds like a jet engine idling. Funny what you get used to.

It's snowing out there now. The flakes are HUGE!!! I guess this is what the weather was working on yesterday. Of course, now people are going to panic and drive like maniacs. It seems every year people go out of their minds with the first snow, completely forgetting that they drove in the same stuff on the same roads just one year prior!

On a totally unrelated note, I would like to gripe about just one thing that has really started to get on my nerves while working on the phone:

If you are going to call someplace, don't be surprised when they answer the phone!
I am so tired of answering calls, "Thank you for calling Desktop Support", only to be greeted by "Oh, yeah, can I put you on hold for a sec?". No, you may not. Call back when you are ready to talk. If you notice yourself doing this, please stop.
:: posted by Zuke, 9:27 AM

2 Comments:

Snow?! Snow?!!? I'm so jealous...;)
Blogger Safire, at 8:53 AM  
Not anymore. It was snowing, but we don't have any snow. It rained again all yesterday and last night, so we're back to that. Had a bit of sun today, though, which was a change.
Blogger Zuke, at 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment