Mad Geek

Friday, November 26, 2004

Happy Pre-Christmas!

Well, yesterday was Thankgiving for the USofA and her territories. At least I think it was . . . I saw Santa, some reindeer, and loads of people dressed as elves so it's a tad hard to tell sometimes. It may have just been my naiveté but I somehow remember growing up thinking that Thanksgiving had something to do with indians, pilgrims, and being thankful. It seems more and more as each year goes by, that Thanksgiving is simply known as It's-almost-time-to-shop-day.

While watching the parades on and off throughout the morning (as I floated in and out of consciousness) I saw 5 different dance group, all of whom sucked, performing different skits to Christmas carols. Many of them were dressed as naughty Ms. Santas or elves, but some were more conservative and just went to the Red/Green ensemble. After a few hours of this, a turkey float went by. Supposedly this was somehow significant to the day and the parade, since the turkey (that exact one) was celebrating his 78th time in this annual event. The poor, ugly, and doomed foul was quickly overshadowed by Santa (lol, nearly wrote Satan) riding in and waving to the crowd.

We DID manage to have turkey at the dinners Tine and I went to on this most confused holiday. One we didn't get to taste since it was coming out of the oven right as we were leaving (looked great though), the other we decimated. It was a huge bird, too! A huge, dinosaurific beast of a bird.

But, alas, the post-turkey glow must end. I am sitting here at work, waiting (no surprise there) for calls that are far and few between. Evidentially, when everyone else is out shopping (or whatever) only the dumbest people are left to call me. Each one of my calls has lasted 40 seconds to 3 minutes, and ranges from "Oops, sorry, it wasn't plugged in" to "Are you SURE this isn't the front desk I'm calling?".

Apparently, tryptophan doesn't just make you sleepy!
:: posted by Zuke, 1:09 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment