Mad Geek

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Hooray for handicap parking!

Well, not much has changed since last post. I was able to get a handicap parking pass for when I return to work tomorrow. Our parking lot there is huge, and since I come in at 9'am every morning, I'm usually parked somewhere in the back. Not any more!

After getting the doctor's 'OK' to get one of those passes, you have to go to the DMV to get the actual hang-tag. It's ironic that the worst driving in the world happens in the DMV parking lot. I didn't have to wait long, since I got to go to the disability window and there was only one person ahead of me. The lady who helped me was very nice too. Our conversation went something like this:

"Hi, how are you?"

Me: "Good, thanks! Are you aware that the person here ahead of me hit your handicap parking sign and pulled it from the pavement? It's now resting next to the door."

"Doesn't surprise me; he has polio and can't really control his legs. He also has no depth perception."

So, with maybe a few exceptions (such as myself) when you see a handicap sticker or hang tag or license plate on a car near you, get away! It is more than possible the person is not fit to operate a motor vehicle, and so gets extra parking privileges. Go fig.
:: posted by Zuke, 4:34 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment