Mad Geek

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Bow to the Geek!

So, amongst my friends, we have a small power struggle to see who is the bigger geek. Really, there's only three of us who care, but its fun to bring up every once in awhile. For a short time, our friend Steve was the biggest geek, which is funny considering he has the least technical knowledge of anyone I know (though huge into movie, music, theater, and pop culture triva). Bryan (the other friend) and I were incredibly perplexed how the guy who once made fun of us for all our gadgets suddenly had a computer, dual tuner Tivo, and two xboxs networked to his DSL through an old bullet proof 10Mb hub I found at a thrift store for $5.

Well, happy days are here again! With the flurry of activity at our place, we have set up a customized xbox, PS2, digital cable, and overhauled computer on a wireless network, all linked into a 4Mb broadband connection. w00t.

Another w00t would be the addition of Xbox Live! into the mix. We have all been playing "Crimson Skies" every Saturday morning and it's been alot of fun. Last night I decided to host a game just to see what kind of other people played . . . it was sad. I won with 25 kills and only 5 deaths. It was sort of like everyone else joined the game just to chat, and only when it announced I had three kills left to win did they notice they had been dying alot. Oh well; pads my score nicely. If anyone who reads this wants to join, just look for WarHamur.

Also on the games list would be a title I recently started playing: Star Wars, Kinghts of the Old Republic. It's not a new title, but I only recently picked it up. It's addicting! Way too addicting. I haven't even picked up a lightsaber yet (which is usually the point where Star Wars games finally get interesting) but am already hooked on the gameplay.

Probably the best thing about this game would be the fact it actually has a plot! This is such a nice change from most PC games that just rely on graphics and shooting things. Even the past two Star Wars movies have tried to rely on just those two things!

On to movies . . . and Star Wars! Watched the Episode III trailer; over and over and over. Looks good. Like soil-my-shorts good! About time Lucas decideds to stop sugar coating the drama that happens in the story. Also in previews is Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy. I've only read bits of the books here and there, but I'm excited to see this movie. Nothing like non-linear humor with little point and a large budget to make me happy!

Well, I think I'm about out of random stuff to let out. I'll get back to you when I have some more.
:: posted by Zuke, 1:19 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment