Mad Geek

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Vader really isn't so bad after all!

So, I know I've already made a (dumb) joke at its expense, but Burger King's ad campaign is really, really disturbing at times. The worst is the commercial where they first re-introduced the King. I say "re-introduced" because it turns out he was a common figure back in the late-70's. It was not uncommon to see someone dressed as a king doing magic tricks in the parking lot of your nearby BK. However, those kings were merely humans dressed up to represent the company. This new king is actually a void in the Force and is here to swallow our souls.



If you recognize the scene above, then you would probably agree with me that this could be the most horrifying thing to wake up to. Worse than zombies even (and I HATE zombies). I don't care what kind of breakfast sandwich he was planning to offer me, he'd end up with a face full of fist before I ran for my life.

There is hope however! In a recent mailing I got, I was informed of a prize fight between the King (ruler of Darkness, spawn of the 7th seal), and Darth Vader (newly appointed Sith Lord, tyrant in training).



Now, I realize that Vader is just trying to get the word out about his new movie and this is good publicity for him. But I really want to see him show us what he can do to the King. In Episode 4, he simply swung a lightsaber (ONCE!) and force choked some guy. In Episode 5, he rearranged air conditioning units and nominated his family for Jerry Springer. In Episode 6, he got whooped. Let's face it, he NEEDS a good showing in this fight, and I plan on cheering him all the way!
:: posted by Zuke, 9:07 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment