Mad Geek

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

TV's Top 5

Andrew and I were talking the other night, and as usual, the topic went to something completely random that only he and I could possibly consider interesting. The flavor of the moment was TV show theme songs and how good and how bad they can be. So, here are the best 5 I can think of in no particular order. Yes, those are links to the actual songs.

Batman Beyond - They took this show from the air far too soon.
Mission:Impossible - Yes, Henri Mancini was a musical genius.
Men in Black: the animated series - Another one taken before its time. Far better than the movie, it more followed the comics.
Dr. Who - Creepy and cool all at the same time. I'm sure it was supposed to be more sci-fi sounding, but considering I felt the show was more like Twilight Zone than Star Trek, I call it creepy. Good song none the less.
Hawaii Five-O - OK, it's cheesy, but still as fun as when it was new. For some reason, I only have half the song. :-(

Runners Up:
Inspector Gadget - Cool bass line and good cohesion while still being loads of fun. From the Speed Racer era . . . just doesn't sound like Speed Racer.
Read Or Die (R.O.D.) - An interesting anime. Only reason it's not in my top 5 is that it's overseas, so no one really knows it.
Cowboy Bebop - Yes, that's the opening theme song, though it's edited down to 1'50" on the show. Same reason as the above for being a runner up.

I personally want a theme song that makes me excited about the show . . . every time. I want it to convey style, excitement, or whatever it is that is supposed to make that show special within the course of a minute or less. I do NOT want it to be the time I can skip off to the bathroom or kitchen (or both, depending on its length) before the show starts. I definitely don't want it to be something so annoying that I have to skip it every time when watching a season on DVD.

As always, feel free to leave comments. Or better yet, post your own (even if you don't have the actual files or hosting space.)
:: posted by Zuke, 9:02 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment