Mad Geek

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Yes, it was active labor

So, it's 3:30AM. For some reason, I can't sleep. Here's why;

My son, Kaiden Ichiro Arakaki was born last night (err, three hours ago). September 15th, at 12:30AM MST. He is 19 inches long, and weighs in at 6 pounds, 13 ounces. As for Cat's comment to my last entry, I completely understand what you meant, and it's what I thought as well. But it was active labor. Really, really, really slow active labor.

At 1AM yesterday morning, Tine wakes me up again. I figure she needs something from me, but it's her contractions; they've sped up to every 2 minutes and are harder now. We go to the hospital (again), where they check her in and we sleep in a birthing room hooked to monitors. At 7AM, her doctor comes in, and decides to break her water. She goes onto Pitocin, and even then, it takes her until 11:30PM to dialate enough for delivery. Give us another hour, and we have a baby.

Yes, I bawled. I can't tell you how happy I was when I heard him cry that first time. There are plenty of pictures, but none of them from my digital camera, so it'll be a short while before they are on here.

I think it's time I get some sleep!
:: posted by Zuke, 2:28 AM

3 Comments:

Conrgrats Pappa, and Double Congrats to the new Mamma
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:26 AM  
congrats congrats!!!!!!! can't wait to see the new little kia
Blogger Safire, at 2:13 PM  
Congrats Zukie and Tine!! Welcome to the world little Kaiden! I can't wait to see the pictures! I'm so incredibly happy and excited for you two!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:32 PM  

Post a Comment